Jon Wade Cert Health Sci (Open) is the founder, editor and principal author of Medimise.com.
Jon holds a Certificate in Health Sciences from the Open University. Focus areas during study were weight issues and human nutrition. Specialist subject areas covered:
- Challenging Obesity – a study and analysis of the causes and cures of obesity
- Human Nutrition – understanding food and how it affects us physically and mentally
- Diabetes Care – a study of the techniques, methods and theory of caring for people with diabetes, including nutritional care and insulin management.
- COPD – Including the function of the lungs and cardiovascular system and how oxygen is transported to the cells of the body.
- Pain – Understanding of pain control, tolerance and treatment.
- Trauma, Repair, Recovery – How the body responds to injury and damage, include muscle regeneration and bone and tendon repair.
Additional subjects covered included Alcohol and Human Health, Breast Cancer, Visual Impairment and aspects of Epidemiology.